Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Hangover


Is this what you felt like yesterday after that wonderful Thanksgiving meal??? I think it depicts my entire family....even the dogs! We truly did enjoy a delicious meal. Monroe smoked our turkey and ham on his new grill (he made it, I will blog about it soon) and it was mouth watering good. After lunch I was able to catch my breath and reflect on the goodness of the Lord! Wow, I could never thank Him enough. He has blessed us with so much. My heart just overflows when I think about how blessed I am. There is always plenty of food on our table to feed our hungry bunch, thank you Lord. I have my precious family, dear friends, our health and....grandchildren!! Now there is something to get excited about!




It was nice to have a chilly day for Thanksgiving. We were actually able to have a fire in our fireplace. That is a rare occasion for folks living in Florida!



Here are a few crafts the kids and I made before Thanksgiving. The two big paper plate turkeys are from our history lesson on the Pilgrims. Each feather has a fact written on it that the boys learned from our studies.







Another time, on our co-op day with Hannah : ) we made name holders for the Thanksgiving table. These were a lot of fun to make and I thought they turned out very cute! Here is all that was left of our "apple turkeys" after our meal. Parker ate one when he discovered they were made of apples, his favorite.







A few days before Thanksgiving, Brent brought me home a yummy looking turkey made of oreos and candy. The girls service club at college made them and sold them as a fundraiser. I saved it (not an easy thing to do) and wanted to try making some myself. Well, lets just say from now on I'm leaving that little craft to the girls service club!! After lunch, Brooke and I sat down for some fun times (we thought) and tried to make some of these little gobblers. HA!
I will show you a picture of our project so you can see for yourself, not as easy as it looks.


Okay, so my turkeys look like they are on steroids! There is a sweet ending to this little experience. After making 5 of these guys we decided to stop making them and eat the ingredients instead! Problem solved!!



I hope you all had as wonderful of a Thanksgiving as I did! I would love to hear about it. For all my family and friends that live out of town, I missed you all and wish you could have been here to celebrate with us. Ya'll come now, ya hear!




Be Blessed,


Pam

3 comments:

Unknown said...

those little steriod drug filled turkeys were cute as they could be. pam, i thank God daily for you and yours!!
bestest buds
one of the three muskateers

great great story

Hannah said...

Ha ha those turkeys are cute..Oh and i fixed my comment thing.

Anonymous said...

That was the best turkey I have EVER had! Tell Mr. Monroe he did a great job ")