Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's That Time of Year Again



Hunting season is a big deal in our family. But then what else would you expect with a house full of males!! It has definitely given me a "tougher skin". I can remember as a little girl, I cried as I watched TV and saw the wild animals killing and eating their prey. Little did I know the Lord was going to give me a hunter for a husband and plenty of boys to become hunters also! I still can't watch them hunt or shoot the deer and it still makes me a little sad when I see the deer before they are hung and cleaned. I have, however, learned how to process and freeze the venison. The meat for our family has been a blessing. It helps me to know that my guys are responsible hunters and they have a respect for God's creation. They are very humane in their hunting and they have only learned this from their Dad.




This weekend is Brandon's turn to go hunting with Dad. He just found out yesterday and I can't even begin to count how many times I have heard him say, "I'm so excited! I can't wait till Saturday!" He got a doe last year during doe season.



There is quite a story from that hunting trip last fall. Brandon spotted his deer from the tree stand with Dad and then took aim and fired. When he shot this is what he hit...
They had a good laugh over that shot! I am sure he would have a hard time hitting a tree like that on purpose!! : ) He didn't give up though and was able to bring home a nice doe (still kinda sad to Mom...leave the women and children alone!) for our dinner table.
Well, I'll will have to let you know how he did on his hunting trip this weekend. He will have a good time if for no other reason than to sit out in the tree stand and eat junk food! You know, a REAL man with no Mom over his shoulder to say, "Now you have eaten enough of that, son!"
Pam

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you go brandon, get us a big ole buck. git us a 8 point, yeah an 8 point with biggggg legs, yum yum
aunt kay