Monday, November 17, 2008

Garden Harvest







Our garden is doing so much better this time! I don't know if it was the sulphur we added before planting or better quality seed. There are hardly any bugs. We are trying to grow organic veggies so I am very excited about not seeing many pests. The only bug I saw a lot of was lady bugs and they are a beneficial bug for gardens so I was happy to have them!








Here is one of the "little ladies" now.






Our greens are so plentiful. I have enough to cook fresh for the family and there is plenty to blanch and freeze.





Alright, I have a confession. The first row on the left is a beautiful row of WEEDS! We can grow some healthy weeds, don't you agree? That row was suppose to be spinach but was overtaken with weeds before I could get them under control. For some reason it took longer for the spinach to come up than the other greens.






1 comment:

Ginger said...

That is so funny about your weeds! I was looking at them and thinking "I wonder what kinds of greens those are" ha ha