Monday, December 1, 2008

Farm Chores Make Strong Boys

My boys don't get to go to the gym to work out but that doesn't mean they don't get a work out!



I am sure they would RATHER be at the gym but this work out builds character as well as muscle. I have seen a difference in them (character and muscle!) since we have moved here. There are times they tend to get lazy but that can't last for long. There is always a chore to be done! Don't get me wrong, I do have a battle on my hands some days getting them motivated. They know, however, that we can't afford to leave things undone.

One late afternoon, Dad brought home our hay for the winter. We use the hay for bedding in the goat pen until it gets all soiled. Then it goes in the hog pen. I know that's gross but let's face it-hogs are not very clean animals and they don't seem to mind a bit. We also put the hay in the cow pen. On very cold snaps the hogs get fresh hay as well. The chickens need hay for their laying baskets. As you can tell, it is a much needed item on a farm.

Anyway, the older guys had to unload the hay from the trailer and put it in the loft of the barn.



Here they are, so happy to be working at night loading hay. Can't you just see it in their darling faces???




I am very proud of my guys. They have learned many skills that will help them later on when they have a family of their own. Those firm biceps and abs are just an added bonus!!

Have a great day!

Pam

9 comments:

krackerjap said...

So glad I dont live there anymore!! That is a man's job!

Unknown said...

is that how the hay got up there, um. as to whats her name, she's a whinny butt!haha

you've got some pretty oops i meant good looking men_

Boysaplenty!! said...

LOL! Kay, you are very observant!
Yes, I am sure Brooke wouldn't be out there moving haybales. She would be in the garden with me....right Brooke????

krackerjap said...

I guess... but with 14 pair of gloves on because you know how I feel about "DRY" hands. (My mouth is watering now.)

Marci said...

Where does your girl fall in the line up? I was the only girl with 4 brothers. I had 2 older and 2 younger.

Hard work makes VERY strong muscles. I know my son is very strong and when he was milking every day, he could grip your hand until you wanted to cry. :)

Hannah said...

T hat looks like lots of fun..

Hannah said...

I never knew it took so much hay. Obviously I don't know anything about farming! I don't like messing with hay because I hate the way it pricks you in the legs when you go on hay rides. yuck! Yes, I might add to Brook's comment that she left home right on time because as we all know, she was our little tomboy!

Ginger said...

Okay, that last comment was not Hannah, it was me! ha ha

Boysaplenty!! said...

Hi Marci,
My daughter is first in our family, thank the Lord! She was such a help to me when she was at home. She is married now but lives close by. She would be envious of you though as she always wanted a big brother!
I do hope my guys develop strong hands too when we get our calf soon-still a little unsure of the whole milking thing. Hope we can do it! Thanks for your help with all the info you gave me on milking. Glad you stopped by my blog! I love reading yours. Take care.

Pam


Ging,
I thought that sounded like you and not Hannah ;) !!
Love ya,
Pam