Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm Back

Finally I have time to sit at my computer long enough to gather my thoughts for a blog! Can anyone tell me what happened to the month of August ;-) I seem to have lost it somewhere!
We have been so very busy this summer. I will share the highlights of our summer in the next few blogs.

Haven't my two sweet grandsons grown? They are so much fun!
They have new backpacks and they were so proud so show Nonna!Uh-Oh! Here's trouble! She is too sweet to get into too much trouble. Just ask her Poppa!!


And here is Reese's partner in crime! Oh well, no harm done.
School is back in session in our household. We are beginning our studies this year with the people of the Pacific Ocean and SE Asia. It has been AMAZING thus far. I just love learning along with my boys! Did you know that between the area of West Africa to East Asia live 95 percent of the world's unevangelized?! Eight-four percent of the world's poor live there as well!
What a mission field! This is the basis of study for our school year and I can't wait to dig in. Let me just put in a good word for the wonderful people of Sonlight Curriculum. If you are looking for the BEST of the BEST in home school curriculum look no further! In all my 22 years of home schooling I have never found any other curriculum that measures up to Sonlight! They are a great resouce.
That's all for now. I have a couple of videos from our camp this summer. I am having trouble getting them to post but I am not giving up yet. I hope to have them posted soon. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

TnFullQuiver said...

Welcome back! You have been missed. I too love Sonlight curriculm. Hope you have a great school year ahead.
grace and peace,
julie

Boysaplenty!! said...

Thanks Julie! There is something about starting a new school year that brings such comfort to me. Maybe it is getting back into that familiar routine I am accustomed to that just makes me feel settled. (Check back with me about January...LOL!) I have a cousin that is currently serving in SE Asia with her husband and children spreading "The News". Hearing from them firsthand makes this year's schooling very, very interesting and meaningful!