Monday, February 15, 2010

A Sunday To Remember

This Sunday was a great day for our family. Brandon got saved and was baptized!! We are so excited for him and I know the Lord has many great things in store. Brandon has a tender heart for the things of the Lord and I pray he will continue to honor and put Him first in his life. There are many paths Brandon will face in the near future and being a parent in this day and time can be very challenging, as I am sure you will agree. When my children get older and more independent this is where, as a mother, I want to continue to control their choices and decisions but I have learned to let go slowly (in certain areas) and watch. There are many days I want to yank my little birdies back in my nest and say, "No, no, no, now that's not the way I want you to fly. Come back in the nest and stay a little longer!" However, I cannot do that. God gives us a free will to obey Him and our choices reflect the condition of our heart. So, I pray for all of my children's heart to be soft towards their Savior. Then I pray, pray, and pray some more ;-) Down he goes....Ahhh, a new man in Christ! That water was COLD! The heater for the baptismal pool was broken and Florida has been unusually cold this winter so that made for some freezing cold water. Pastor Tony said Brandon would be sure to remember his Baptism!God is so good! Yes, I am a very blessed mother and wife....and a very blessed Nonna too!

4 comments:

Ginger said...

I dreamed about this day when he was born,so I've seen both of his birthdays! That is not something I can say about many people except my own children.

Boysaplenty!! said...

And I am SO glad that you are able to say that about my children (Bryce too!) You were such a blessing to me during those labors and what we have done without you being there? You filled in for the Mid-wife's assistant! Love you!

Sharon said...

That is the best news!!

Unknown said...

praise the Lord! yes God is good and all the time.I too can say the same thing, thank you Father!