Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Few Thoughts For The Day

I had my camera with me at church a few weeks ago and got some really cute pictures of my grandbabies. Here is Reese looking all grown-up. I think these little sandals are about the most adorable things I have seen! Too cute!
And Nonna just happened to have a couple of lollipops in her purse for these two sweeties!


I wanted to share is a few thoughts for the day. These thoughts come from Don Wildmon, founder of The American Family Association. I receive his monthly magazine and in the January issue his employees wrote down sayings they have heard Mr. Wildmon quote frequently. I thought they were very encouraging and I want to pass them along.
1. If you don't have anything to say, then don't.
2. Love the little ones in our lives with reckless abandon! (This one is easy to do!)
3. Hold earthly treasures with an open hand.
4. Dispense much grace to others, much has been dispensed to you.
5. Time to go home; the work will be here tomorrow.
6. God never called me to be successful, just faithful.
7 Give people a chance, even when there may be no reason to do so.
8. The goal of life is not happiness but holiness.
9. Make sure you have the facts right and then tell the truth.
10. Expect the unexpected and deal with it with grace.
And last but not least!
11. Nursery duty is ministry, not drudgery. (Hmmmm... I found this one rather interesting coming from a male-very observant!)
I think Mr. Wildmon is a wise and Godly man. We are very fortunate to have him in our society fighting for the good of the American family. I pray for his health as he has been battling encephalitis since August of last year. I am sure he would appreciate your prayers as well.
Have a blessed day and remember: "The goal of life is not happiness but holiness."

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Amen! We get his newsletters and emails too.