Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Our Day to Celebrate

Aren't these two little guys just the cutest you have ever seen? Okay, I know that is a Grandma's opinion. Maybe I'm slightly prejudiced to say the least. Let me begin by saying that we are so fortunate to have each and every boy that the Lord has blessed our family with for the past 20 years. I love boys! They are energetic, creative, adventurous, and protective of their mother : ) An added bonus in raising boys is the way they handle a disagreement. It is usually over with in just a couple of minutes with someone getting a shove or punch. An apology quickly follows and just like that, all is fine! They are best friends once more!


However, our arms have been longing to hold a precious baby girl. Brooke had her sonogram appointment today and the Lord has answered our prayers; our wait is finally over!! Yes....IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!! Isn't she gorgeous!! Okay, I'll admit she looks like all the other sonogram pix I have ever seen. But that's okay, we will be holding her soon and I just know she will be gorgeous!
There has been celebrating all day long around our house! Brooke has been craving crab legs during this pregnancy so tonight we feasted on crab legs, sushi, and grilled shrimp. I was so excited I forgot to grab my camera to get a few shots for you to see! Now the fun begins! We get to go shopping for all those adorable baby girl clothes we have drooled over all these years.
I'll keep you posted on the due date and birth.





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray! I am excited for all of you. I know she will be very loved (and spoiled). Just think of all the things her big brothers and cousins can teach her!

Boysaplenty!! said...

Thanks KayCee! I think Monroe will be the one to really spoil her! He keeps trying to "kidnap" any little girls that come over! Brooke and I just had a discussion on how we are going to make sure she is a little girl-not a tomboy! However, I was determined to do that with Brooke but it didn't work out for me too much! Ha! Ha! Remember those days? She would want to be out with your boys instead of in the house doing girl stuff with Rhonda! We shall see....
Pam

Anonymous said...

I may be turning just a wee bit green :)
Blessings!
Cheri

krackerjap said...

Mother, do you have to share my "not so girly" days with everyone?

krackerjap said...

Oh, and those are the cutest little guys ever. It's not just you. :)

Unknown said...

oh my goodness, the sonogram pix looks just like you pam. her hair looks like a little reddish tint,what u think? and look at those little lips, oh just gonna eat her up, yum!that is going to be a hard call, you teach them not to play in the dirt but u play in it all day and will probably have her helping u, ummm.

Ginger said...

Your gonna get your china doll after all. Just not made in "China". lol
Can't wait....

Sharon said...

I'm so excited for you all! She will be spoiled, right? ;-)

LauraW said...

Yes, I would have to agree, they are very cute boys :) Almost as cute as my Joshua :) Great blog, congratulations on your family's newest addition :)