Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Fantastic Weekend!

We had the privilege of going to Georgia this past weekend to see my cousin, Alesia and her husband, Kenny. A dinner was held on their behalf as they will be leaving the comfort and safety of home to travel abroad on very important business-The Father's Business. They will be working in an unfriendly environment and in a country that is not nearly as blessed as the USA. Their beautiful children that will be going as well. Please join our family in prayer for their safety and protection as they follow their Father's leading.


I was doubly excited to see these folks as well!!! With my Mother and Father in heaven I often get that homesick feeling for my kinfolks. There is just something about being with relatives that makes me feel connected. Just to hear that familiar Georgia accent and to see my aunts and uncles that remind me so very much of my parents, whom I miss dearly! In the picture below are my Dad's sisters and brother. Left to right, Aunt Frances, Uncle Harvey, and Aunt Nellie. Just to see Uncle Harvey Saturday morning brought me to tears. I know that may sound silly but he walks and talks like my Dad and looks like my Granny. What a truly awesome day!



Brandon and Bryceton immediately rekindled the friendship with their cousin, Ethan. These three played all afternoon together and they hated to say goodbye.






I had not seen these guys in several years. Left to right is Jonathan, Lanna, Wilma and Donny, my cousins. It surely was great to visit with them and catch up on everyone's lives.



This is Aunt Frances with my cousin, Angela. Lunch was great as we talked and talked and ate and ate. There are many wonderful benefits in being from the South but among the best would be the food!! The food table must have been at least 20 feet long and absolutely full of delicious southern cooking. Southern Hospitality at its best. Aunt Frances and Aunt Nellie both made my favorite cake, Pecan Cake. Can I just say it was heavenly!! Of course I had to have a piece of each one. I mean I just wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, you know. By the way, they were both delicious!




On the way home we were finally able to find the memory marker for my mother-in-law. It is on I-75 near the Gainesville exit but we have never been able to locate it. It is usually dark when we go through that area southbound. This was not a "fun" stop but one we needed to make. It brought closure to our hearts. We miss her tremendously.



We made one more stop in Georgia and I just can not believe I forgot to get pictures! My dear friend, Kay, now lives in GA. We had the most wonderful visit with her! We had plenty of time to chat. We went on a golf cart ride down some old Georgia clay roads in the woods...yeah! We were gone for 2 hours but it seemed like maybe 30 or 45 minutes! We found 2 old, deserted homesteads with the barns. We stopped in front of one of the places and daydreamed about what it must have been like to live in that time period. Hey! I think I will count that as a field trip for my boys....Living History! Kay, my boys are still talking about driving your golf cart! Thanks for the great time. Next time I will definitely remember my camera!!

Let's see... what will we do this coming weekend? Whatever it may be it will be hard to top this past weekend!
Thank you Lord for the "extra" blessings you sent to me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i so love you guys!!!