Friday, September 4, 2009

Wanted: Kitchen Help!

Hunting season will be here before I realize it. That means taking an inventory of the meat freezer. Yikes! Lots of venison still to be eaten. This is a "good" problem to have, however. I just need to get my creative juices flowing for some venison recipes.

We have a stir-fry recipe that the entire family loves (except Brooke) using venison. I thought I would share this dish with anyone interested (Brooke, I know that IS NOT you!) because it is so simple and delicious (that's right Brooke, delicious!).

I called on my two trusty kitchen helpers to pitch in with all the chopping and slicing. Boys love to do that sort of thing. I think it has something to do with using a knife...hee..hee! Hey, it works for me! Bryce was in charge of chopping the veggies. I use peppers, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, cabbage (anykind) carrots, etc. You can really use just about anything you want for the vegetables.
Brandon was the meat slicer. Keep the meat sliced very thin.

Then, I pour soy sauce or tamari sauce in the bottom of my pan. Pour enough to cover the bottom. Next, add about 3 TBS of sugar. Heat the sauce and sugar until sugar melts. Add the meat and cook it on medium heat for a couple of minutes. Then add the vegetables. Cover and cook until the veggies are the desired texture you prefer.

Serve over rice and enjoy! Oh, and a side note for Brooke: Parker and Luke loved this venison! I was watching my little sweeties on this night and they seemed to enjoy it as much as everyone else. Well, for Luke he ate some meat and rice. That is pretty good for him.

By the way, my children really do own shirts. It seems during the summer they never wear one unless we are going somewhere. I just wanted to clarify that incase someone was thinking of starting a clothing fund for them ;-)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hey! That's a very healthy meal and looks great!

Summer has been rather busy and I'm attempting to get back in the swing of blogging and visiting again. I have a lot to catch up on! I'm sure that new grandbaby has changed a lot!