Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Dog With the Heavy Head


Our family has a most unusual pet/member of the family. Meet Keiko. She is a Black and Tan coon dog. We "inherited" Keiko from our son-in-law, Ricky. Keiko has always lived with us because she was a gift from Brooke to Ricky before they were married. Ricky wasn't able to have pets where he was living at the time so we kept Keiko here at our house.



Well, after Brooke and Ricky married they moved into a really tiny house so Keiko didn't fit...literally! That was okay with our family so she just stayed on with us. But, back to what makes Keiko unusual. I must say that I have never had a pet that would find such unusual positions to relax! Take a look at the next few shots and see if you don't agree! Here she is daydreaming about being outside. However, when I let her out she is like a child wanting in and out all day long!

Isn't she a hoot?!




We just walked into the kitchen and there she was, all propped up!

She is a wonderful farm dog though. When my chickens get out she loves to catch them but she will not hurt them. She just traps them against the fence and holds them with her mouth or her paw until we can get to her. Other than alot of slobber, the hens are perfectly fine!


My older boys always begged me to let her go hog hunting with them but I never would let her go. She definitely has hunting in her blood but I would never want her to become a hunting dog. So, she is resolved to hunt the family farm hens and when she gets REALLY bored I can find her hunting house flies! Really!!

4 comments:

Ginger said...

These pics are hilarious. I guess Keiko wants to take some weight off her (or his) head. lol I can't remember if its a he or she. ha ha
I've never seen a dog lay their head on objects like this. Too funny!

Unknown said...

those are so sweet! she is a good dog. i need to get one like her and put her on my tractor! a green tractor and go realllll slow, haha

krackerjap said...

I love keiko! Even though she only likes Brent! She really does have the funniest personality I have ever seen! I think she acts more like a cat than a dog. She always act like you owe her something! Maybe its because she was abandoned by her parents when we got married!

Boysaplenty!! said...

Ginger,
I must say we have never had a dog like Keiko. Definitely one of a kind!

Kay,
Keiko would be drooling all over your shoulder riding on a tractor. We can't even give her a ride uptown because she gets so excited!

Brooke,
That's it! She never got over being abandoned. Poor baby.