Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's a Southern Thang

My hubby has a hobby! He just loves turning this......
into this!! Now for those of you who at this point are thinking, "This What?" let me explain. This is called a swamp buggy and our family loves going swamp buggy riding in the woods! Come along and I'll show you what I mean. We have friends along on this trip. We usually leave in the late afternoon. We pack a picnic supper to take along. Oh, bug spray is a must especially with all the rain Florida has been blessed with.


Time to break out the picnic/junk food. This time we had fried chicken, chips, drinks, sunflower seeds, cookies and bubble gum! I am one of those moms that feels like a meal just isn't complete without some veggies or at least fresh fruit so I just try to sit back and convince myself that there has to be some nutrition in the chicken and those sunflower seeds are nuts, right?


Dear friends enjoying the ride. Isn't this little man a cutie pie? Love those blue eyes.



My brave, strong man blazing a trail!!


Here is the view off the front of the buggy. You can see the water standing in this particular spot due to all the showers lately. We didn't get stuck at all and some spots we went through were pretty deep. Fun times!




As the sun begins to set we usually see quite a bit of wildlife. This is what I enjoy the most. If you look closely right in the middle of the picture below you will see some wildlife.....did you find it?


It is an owl sitting on a branch. He blends right in with the surroundings but he certainly wasn't afraid of us. We drove right on by and he never flew off. Isn't he just beautiful?


This is another trail we took. That is water completely covering the path up ahead. We didn't see any gators this time but we heard the frogs out in that water. Well that is the end of our adventure for now. Anybody ready for a swamp buggy ride?
We have a busy weekend coming up with an annual family reunion at our place. It is a big event in our family and things get a little wild and crazy with all the dare devil boys/men in the family. I'll take lots of pictures so you can see what I mean.

No comments: