Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Little R&R

A dear friend of mine, Brenda, invited us to her "getaway" home in South Alabama for a few days of R&R. The trip ended up being just moms and kids. I think everyone had a lot of fun!! The first day the kids wanted to fish, if you can honestly call it that. As soon as you put your hook in the water you get a bite! A fisherman's dream!! The catfish were so plentiful that the kids would see them swimming around the dock, run and get their net and scoop them up from the shore! Brandon is showing the largest catfish he caught (sorry it is not a very good picture). I am not sure how much it weighed but Brandon was straining holding the net up and he is a pretty strong guy. Here is the bass Brandon caught. Right about now his older brothers are wishing they would have gone along on this trip!!

We hardly saw the young'uns during the day unless Brenda and I went outside to watch them play. They always showed up for mealtime, however, starving from all the exercise and fun.

I can't believe we had a fire going in MAY in the south and it really felt good!! We moms sat around the fire while the kids played. Here they are coming by the fire to warm up too.





It rained every day we were there but that didn't slow anyone down. They played in the rain as long as there was no lightning and loved every minute of it.



This is one of my favorite shots! Doesn't that look like fun? Of course I wouldn't be able to move the next day if I were to try something like that!!






Bryce the muscle man! Oh yeah!
Brooke just looking cute!




One day the kids pretended to have expensive mud baths.
Here they are being silly.





Here is a view from the dock looking over the backyard and house. The previous owners had the long picnic tables built because they often had fish frys. I can see why with such successful fishing in this pond. I intended to get a picture of me and Brenda but I forgot. We all had such a great time. It was very peaceful and relaxing. A perfect way to kick off the summer!


Good-bye Alabama house :-( Great fun, great friends and great memories made here! Thank you Brenda and Brooke for the invitation!
By the way all you fishermen out there, this beautiful piece of property is for sale. If you are interested, just leave me a comment.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow!!! That's a beautiful place and looks like everyone had a great time! Now my mouth is watering for some fried bass!

Ginger said...

These are all good pics. I think my favorite is the "mud bath" ha ha
I can tell they had a blast!
Thanks for letting Hannah tag along.

Unknown said...

my sister and i are in the woods, in our make believe house. dolls sitting very still on big logs. it seems to be cool and moist, must have rained. that is the memory that was stoked when viewing pics of a childhood soon to be in recesses of minds.this is one of the scenes that boys, precious ones, will remember!!!

Anonymous said...

Big fish, big zucchini!! Did either get eaten?

Boysaplenty!! said...

Anonymous,
As a matter of fact we did not get to eat the bass but I wish we would have saved it to go with the catfish that we did eat! Yes,we enjoyed the zucchini. It was wonderful!

krackerjap said...

One of those zucchini fed my family for 2 meals and we still had leftovers! They were huge!