Thursday, April 16, 2009

Annual Car Show

Do you love old cars? Well, this is my father-in-laws' passion. He has, in the past 10 years, collected over 30 antique cars. He restores them inside and out and they are truly beautiful!
He shows his cars locally at car shows several times a month. It is a nice hobby for Pop and he has made many new friends with the same interest.
This past weekend Monroe and I hosted a car show for Pop at our house. Now we have had many large gatherings at our house in the past mind you but NONE compared to the number of people that came out for this car show. I stepped out my front door and this is what I saw:
Our barn is 40 x 60 and it was filled to the max! We estimated between 250 and 300 people! These are fellow car collectors from a couple of different car clubs in our area. We even had live music! My sweet hubby once again out did himself with the delicious ribs and chicken he cooked up on his home made smoker/grill. (I will post about that later.) I made 15 gallons of sweet tea! Everyone brought a covered dish and what a feast we had! There was nothing left of the chicken and ribs.

Everyone had a great time and they are looking forward to next year....yikes....we better start cooking and making sweet tea!

4 comments:

krackerjap said...

I do not like cars, Sam I am. I do not like them at your house. I do not like them with my spouse. I do not like them here, or there.... I do not like them anywhere. But, the food was good!:) and I enjoyed seeing family and the "older" people dancing to the Elvis impersonator!

Boysaplenty!! said...

I can tell you have been reading Dr. Suess to your little ones??!!! That was cute. You have quite a talent there! Yes, the entertainment was well...entertaining! Love ya!

krackerjap said...

Ok, I'm tired of looking at old cars. Blog aready!

Boysaplenty!! said...

Sorry Brooke. I know it has been too long. I have been so busy. Hardly time to check my mail. Hope to blog tomorrow morning!