Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas Happenings

I don't know about you but my Christmas Holidays just flew by. I feel like my head is still spinning from all the activities! We enjoyed each and every one of them and I wanted to share a few pictures to remember our good times.



Our local Christmas Parade was at the beginning of December. We always look forward to it! My guys are enjoying the parade. Can you see Parker sitting in his Dad's lap? I think he waved at everyone! It was so cute.
Here is one of the many antique cars my father-in-law owns. He is riding in the back seat with his best friend "Daisy".


Another one of his cars filled with friends.








One day we got together with friends and made gingerbread houses. We laughed and cried (some of the houses fell!). All in all it was a great time to share with loved ones.








We were fortunate to be able to go to Universal Studios for a day of fun!
Luke being silly!




Time for lunch break.





Parker's favorite game in the arcade. We couldn't pull him away.


Two tired little guys. They were such good boys the whole day.






One night we got together with long-time friends just for fun. We moms are best friends and our girls, thankfully, also became best friends which makes it really convenient for girls night out!
Yes, Kay is wearing a basket on her head! She is so goofy!! Fun Times!

Brooke (middle) is pregnant, by the way. That is why Nicki has #3 up and Jess is holding Brooke's belly.





My boys made new friends with Kay's grandsons, Chance and Trevor. We had a blast one evening at Downtown Disney. We visited the Lego store.

Which kids are real and which are lego people?

The boys built lego race cars and spent much of the evening racing on this track. They loved it!



Our meal at Rainforest Cafe was adventurous as well as delicious. During our dinner we had unexpected rains and the elephants came to life roaring and lifting their head. I don't know if you can tell but that is an elephant right behind us. He was very noisy!







We have a tradition at our house. On Christmas Eve we make our annual Fruit Salad. This fruit salad comes with memories of past holidays spent with our Granny Mathews who is no longer with us. The oranges MUST be sliced the way Granny did it to get the best flavor. Yummy! This ritual brings the family together with much conversation and laughter. It tastes better when we all contribute! After being refrigerated overnight, it is always the dessert we look forward to the most.







Looks delicious! Can't wait till tomorrow!









We always have a church hayride with Christmas caroling. We ride through the surrounding neighborhoods singing and sharing Christ. Then we come back to church for a chili cook-off and Foreign Missions Auction.





What a wonderful Holiday Season our family was privileged to enjoy. We are so thankful to God to be blessed with such great family and friends. How about you? How was your holiday?





5 comments:

krackerjap said...

I have 3 things to say:

1) Please remove all fat pictures of me.

2) We did not have the chili cook off that night, but that's ok.

3) You never realize how much you enjoy something until it's over. This Christmas season was alot of fun and I look forward to next year with a new member in the family!

Marci said...

What a great post. I love the first comment on here. :)

Unknown said...

i agree with krackerjap. remove from the head down on my fat pictures. this was a great blog and i am so thankful to God that you and i are 2 of the 3 of the best of friends. thank you for being my friend!!!

Boysaplenty!! said...

Alright Krackerjap...I have 3 things to say:

1) I am your mother.

2) This is MY blog.

3) You look beautiful pregnant!


Marci,

Thanks for the nice comment! Stay warm in all that snow!!


Closer,

I will repeat:

1) I am you best friend.

2) This is MY blog ;)

3) You look beautiful just the way
you are!!

Ginger said...

That made me tired looking at how many activities we crammed into 3 or 4 wks. Yes, we are the BFF'S and we know how to have fun!
Can you see us in 20 years! ha ha