Monday, May 4, 2009

Blueberry Picking


The younger two boys and I finally got to go blueberry picking! We have been patiently waiting for the blueberries to be ready and wouldn't you know it, when we got the call to come picking we were so busy at home that we were afraid we might miss our opportunity!!



Aren't they beautiful berries? They were so sweet and delicious. I couldn't believe how good they were!


The picking was very easy as you can see in the pictures and the morning was perfect. We finished just as it was beginning to get hot. The berries are grown in the barrels because of drainage problems on the farm -just in case you might be wondering-I was and had to ask :-)

We also bought some "bakers" frozen berries from here for only $5.00 per pound! What a deal for organic blueberries! They are very ripe which makes them perfect for jams, syrups and even pies!
I had more pictures to share but I am having trouble with placing pictures on my blog for some reason. All in all it was a great day. My younger guys had never been blueberry picking before and they had a blast. Can't you tell by Bryce's (black shirt) face? This IS his happy face...really. He is just a serious guy.
We will definitely be going back to this farm to get more berries.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh you did it!!! let me know how those frozen ones are. maybe he'll let me buy 10 or so gallons?i'm serious. i have to go to honey hut and get me lots of honey. i'm out.put up pics of blueberry muffins, yumyum

krackerjap said...

Those berries were yummy and I dont even like blueberries!! My babies loved them even more than I did! They are just now pooping normal colors again!! (Sorry.... too much info.)

Boysaplenty!! said...

Kay,

I will let you know the frozen berries work out. He sells on first come, first serve basis. In fact, I was lucky to get the 6 lbs. that I got because someone had called in the day before to reserve them and never came to pick them up. Sounds like you may be headed our way??? How soon? I plan to go back over next week so let me know and I will pick up some for you-I'll buy as many as he has if it isn't very much.
Love you!

Trixi said...

We love blueberry picking and those look great. I can't wait for them to be ready here in Ms.

KayCee said...

I am impressed. Maybe now Ron will help me plant some blueberries!