Saturday, March 12, 2011

Wal Mart Now Offering Honey Bees?

Yep. That's right folks and you read it here first!!

Wal Mart has just about anything you could want or need but.....honey bees?
Yes. Even honey bees. Last week Ethan, Brandon's beekeeping mentor, found this "hard to find item" while shopping at Wal Mart. Actually he was in the parking lot getting ready to leave when he discovered a swarm in a tree.

Like any true beekeeper, Ethan just happened to have a super or two in his van! Perfect! The bees we owned left their hive a while back so Ethan was so kind to bring the swarm to our empty hive and I am so excited because they arrived just in time to work in my vegetable garden and the orange blossoms!

Notice how comfortable Bryce has become around the bees. I am not that brave yet! They are even crawling on his back....ewwww!

They seemed to accept their new home right away.

The bees were full of nectar so they can't sting. Me? Still not brave enough for this!


And I am certainly not brave enough to bring a swarm of bees across town in my vehicle. If they were to start swarming around me while I'm driving I would probably crash!
Just look at the bees still left in the van....ewwww!!!


I must say, though, there is nothing better than fresh, raw honey. So, THANK YOU Ethan for thinking of us and for driving the swarm of bees over to our place!! You are the bestest!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great list, although a couple of of them aren't any additional dofollow. Am additionally collecting an inventory of Dofollow blogs that I actually have been substantiative manually and for regarding ten days currently, I actually have solely be able to notice Verified 40+ dofollow blogs. Adult Disposable Diaper Manufacturer