Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pregnant Again!

Ahh Haa!! I knew that would get your attention!!! No, I am not talking about Brooke and I am definitely not talking about myself, for that matter!! So....who is pregnant again, you may ask? Let me explain.


For about the past six months or more Monroe and I have been in a disagreement about Missy, our cow. When she was "in heat" several months ago the neighboring bull kept calling her name. You know what I mean. He was bellowing sweet nothings in her ear. Actually, it was in ALL of our ears ;-) He was telling her how beautiful she looked and how she was the only one for him, etc. Monroe decided to put Missy over on the neighbor's pasture so the two lovebirds could .... well.... you know! As it turned out, Missy's little visit was only about 10 minutes because the whole time MerriBell, her grown-up calf, was crying for her Mama to come back. So rather than having to repair fences, we put Missy back on our side with her overgrown, spoiled rotten baby. After that day, the bull never called on Missy again and I was sure they didn't have time to get anything accomplished. As the months passed Monroe and I watched Missy to see if she was "showing". Nope.



I couldn't tell at all. She is a very, shall we say, full-figured female so I didn't see any bulge. Monroe, on the other hand, saw all the action that blissfully romantic day and was certain she was pregnant. I mean, come on, 10 minutes, folks!! That is all the time they had together. Apparently our Missy is like me and dare I say, Brooke. All our husbands have to do is walk in the room and we are pregnant! (Thank you Lord for the blessings of our children.)



Anyway, back to my story. My dear hubby called me on the phone yesterday afternoon and all he said was, "We have a calf." I was very surprised, to say the least. In fact, my two younger ones kept repeating my high-pitched reaction to the news all afternoon yesterday, "WHAT...WHAT????" Wise Guys!



So, being the humble wife that I am (chuckle here!) I ran out the front door and yelled to my dear husband,
"You Win!!" To which he very graciously just grinned back at me and said nothing. Smart Man ;-)



Here are a few pictures of our newest addition. The little white bull is our brahma, Little Bit. He just wouldn't get out of the picture! You would think HE is the proud father! The lighter brown cow with horns is MerriBell. This new calf attracted a lot of attention from everyone. I have learned cows are very curious creatures! Notice the big guy on the other side of the fence. He is the proud Pappa. It was almost as if he knew it. He hung around for a long time yesterday.



Poor MerriBell. She has been forced off of Mama's lap, so to speak. I am waiting to see if Missy will continue to let MerriBell nurse as well as the new calf. We may have some sibling rivalry!
I have so much more to share but I have been too busy to post. Also, my card reader has been broken so I couldn't put up any pictures. Bear with me. I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

all it talkes is the britches to hang on the bed post and viola, a calf, hahahahaha

Unknown said...

Pam,
Sounds like our cow story! Hope all is going well for you and your family. I wanted to let you know that I have your books packed up and ready to be shipped back. I know it has been a long time, but I sure did enjoy them. Thanks a lot for taking the time to send them my way. I found a new favorite author, Eugine Price. I also discovered that our local libray has many of her books. I will be sending the books out in the next few weeks. If you need them sooner than that, just let me know so I can get them to the post office asap. Thanks for your genorosity in sharing.
grace and peace,
julie

TnFullQuiver said...

Pam,
I posted the previous comment under my daughter's account. Sorry about that!
grace and peace,
julie

Boysaplenty!! said...

Julie,
I am glad you enjoyed the books. I am in no hurry at all for them so no rush on mailing them. Yes, we are doing fine, thanks, just bracing ourselves for the hot, humid summer...blllaaahhh!

Kay,
You are hilarious!!

krackerjap said...

Did you just compare me to a cow? UnBeLievAble.